Learning to Lead in the Secondary School: Becoming an Effective Head of Department
Learning to Lead in the Secondary School is designed to meet the needs of subject leaders and heads of department in secondary schools, offering practical advice and guidance to teachers taking on these demanding roles.
This highly informative book is structured around six sections that address all of the key areas in leading a department including:
- becoming a subject leader
- managing effective teaching and learning
- leading and managing people
- the strategic direction and development of a department
- the deployment of staff and resources
- managing personal performance and development.
This guide will be invaluable to middle managers in schools, subject leaders and heads of departments. It will be of interest to teachers and managers at all levels and will also be useful to those undertaking research or further qualifications in educational leadership and management.
Publication date: 2004
OPAC reference: KOHA-OAI-BCP:4018