About the event
To register, click here
We’re once again teaming up with the Okasha Calligraphy Foundation to bring you a FREE, 2 day calligraphy workshop to explore the ancient art of Arabic lettering.
Join us online with paper and ink to learn how to create spectacular scripts from a seasoned professional in the comfort of your own home. You can also register yourself as part of a family group (all children must be over the age of 12) and help your kids master an entirely new skill!.
Day 1 will feature a lesson on the basics for getting started along with tips, tricks, and resources that will set you on the path to creating Arabic Calligraphy pieces of your very own!
The facilitator will set a calligraphy assignment that will be reviewed on Day 2.
About the Facilitator: Okasha Sahil has been calligraphing for as long as he can remember. He is the founder & CEO of the Okasha Calligraphy Foundation as well as the President (Youth Wing) of the Pakistan Calligraphy Association. He has been conducting calligraphy workshops, classes, and online sessions in Pakistan and abroad for the last 8 years. He is, currently, an instructor of a popular online Arabic calligraphy learning course that consists of over 250 HD video tutorials and exercise files on the Thuluth script. His passion for this artform is helping to reviving the dying art of calligraphy in Pakistan
Supplies required: Category 2: Bamboo Qalam, calligraphy ink, art paper (If you do not have these supplies then you can use the below mentioned: Category1: 2 simple lead pencils, 1 rubber band, 5 plain A4 sheets
Workshop Day 1 Introduction to Basics and Technique Event Date: Monday, 8 June 2020 Event Time: 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM
Workshop Day 2 Assignment Review and Q&A Event Date: Friday, 12 June 2020 Event Time: 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM
- This event is FREE and appropriate for ages 12 and above
- Prior registration is mandatory.
- If you face any difficulty in registering for this event, please write to us at: email@example.com
- Registrations for this event will close on Thursday, 11 June 2020 at 11:30 PM
NOTE -This workshop will be conducted via Microsoft Teams.
- Two separate invitation links for two days of workshop will be shared with the registered participant through an email by the British Council library team.
- We encourage you to join the session at least 10 minutes before it's scheduled to start.
- Please download Microsoft Teams on your device, which you will use to attend the workshop.
- Please wait for a registration confirmation and online session's rules, instructions and etiquette email before you join the session.