About the event
The Karachi Library is thrilled to bring you a series of dramatic reading sessions in Urdu and English that feature the brilliant works of inspiring and fearless female authors from the East!
This month’s session is a reading of Moni Mohsin’s hugely entertaining journal of a socialite in Lahore, The Diary of a Social Butterfly presented by Bakhtawar Mazhar and Sameena Nazeer.
We’ll have you in peals of laughter with this comical performance over a hot cup of tea at the library!
- Prior registration is mandatory; walk-ins will not be allowed.
- This event is open to the public and recommended for ages 16 and above.
- The fee per participant (payable at the door) is PKR 800 for non-members and PKR 500 for library members.
- Participants who are under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who must also be registered for the event.
- All participants are required to bring their original CNIC, Passport or Library Membership card to the event.
Location: British Council Karachi Library
Date: Sunday, 26 January 2020
Time: 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Registrations close on Friday, 24 January 2020.
ABOUT THE PERFORMERS
Bakhtawar Mazhar is a passionate and experienced theatre actress with master’s degree in Communications from London and a three-year acting diploma from NAPA. She has acted in several theatre productions with renowned theatre directors like Zia Moheyuddin, Gregory Thompson, Rahat Kazmi, Khalid Ahmed, Zain Ahmed, Fawad Khan and Shahid Shafaat.
Sameena Nazeer is an entomologist and NAPA graduate who has lived and taught in West Africa and the USA. She is a playwright, screenwriter, short story writer, TV actor, theatre actor and director with her own production house.