About the event
Math is all around us. This month, inspire your children to love numbers with our fun and engaging workshop at the library.
We're collaborating with Dot & Line to bring you an activity-based session where your child can put their problem-solving skills to use!
Join us as we explore the works of three notable figures in Mathematics in an interactive workshop that brings Math into real-life situations and tests your child’s critical thinking skills. Children will solve challenging puzzles, develop prototypes, and use estimation, proportions and probability to create their own business plans inspired by the works of some of the greatest minds of all time: Albert Einstein, Zaha Hadid and Maryam Mirzakhani.
All participants will get to take home mini-biographies of their favourite mathematician and a fun activity to solve.
- Prior registration is mandatory - walk-ins will not be allowed.
- This event is suitable for ages 7 to 13 and is open to the public.
- The registration fee per child (payable at the door) is PKR 500 for non-members and PKR 300 for members.
- Children under 11 years of age MUST be accompanied to the event by a parent or guardian. Children who are 11 years and above can be dropped off at the library once their parents/guardians have escorted them in and signed a consent form.
- Parents and guardians MUST carry their original CNIC, Passport or Library Membership card to the event, along with their child’s photo ID or Library Membership card.
Location: British Council Karachi Library
Date: Saturday, 18 January 2020
Time: 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Registrations are now closed.