About the event
Breathing Books is a library of people.
Join us to hear the inspirational life stories of specially-abled people as they become ‘Breathing Books’ at this unique session.
Borrow a ‘book’, get immersed in their story and engage in an honest conversation. You’ll have the chance to hear the extraordinary tales of these unique individuals and ask as many questions as you like in a timed, one-on-one session.
How it works:
- Read a brief about each of the Breathing Books present at the library.
- Select any one and sit across them for a one-on-one interaction and listen to their intriguing experiences.
- You can chat and ask as many questions as you want in a timed session of 15 minutes. Extra time of 5 minutes will be allowed if there’s no one waiting in line.
- Once your session has ended, you can select another Breathing Book and proceed to their station for another timed session.
This event is in partnership with NOWPDP (Network of Organisations Working for People with Disabilities, Pakistan), an organisation that aims to make a significant difference to the quality of life and welfare of people with disabilities.
• This event is FREE and open to the public.
• This event is for ages 18 and above.
• Prior registration is mandatory; walk-ins will not be allowed.
• When visiting the library for the event, participants MUST carry their original CNIC, Passport or Library Membership card.
To register, click here.
If you face any difficulty in registering for this event, please write to us at: email@example.com
Location: British Council Karachi Library
Date: Saturday, 12 October 2019
Time: 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
The last day to register is Thursday, 10 October 2019.